Saturday, September 1, 2012

June-August 2012

I know I promised to write in this at the end of every month, but I haven't been too great at it. And I'll be honest - I don't know if that's going to improve now. I just started the MBA program at BYU, and it is INTENSE, let me tell you.

Anyway, I'll go over some of the goals I've hit in the last three months.


1. Go to the Grand Canyon and watch the sunrise.

This was fantastic, and something I've wanted to do for a long time. I've never visited the Grand Canyon before (neither had Kristen), and it was so cool! When the light hit the canyon, it was so gorgeous.


9. Go camping.
We went twice this summer: once to the Grand Canyon, and once to the Oregon coast. Both times were great, but difficult with a baby (who had a hard time getting to sleep).

50. Learn to snowboard.
I didn't exactly learn to snowboard, but I did learn to sandboard (on the Oregon dunes), and I think that's pretty close. :) But I'll leave this one up here until I actually go on the snow. 

83. Go berry picking.
When we were in Oregon, we went blueberry and marionberry picking. It was awesome. As a matter of fact, we had blueberry muffins this morning for breakfast, using some of the blueberries (which we froze).


91. Do my home teaching every month [3/32] 
I did it two more times - I'm getting better. Still not perfect, but working on it.


98. Get up early and watch the sunrise.

I'm double-counting my Grand Canyon sunrise goal. :)

No comments: